With each breath I’m missing you, breathing in a rasping dry breath.
It seems to burn down to the hollow of my soul.
Memories they flood, now mixing up. I thought I missed one,
but I miss many.
I find that many are a part of me now. There is no ONE,
there is only the many.
Each having a part to play, each having a part in me,
each deserving of my attention.
So then, what shall I do with this feeling. Its not for,
to long after the one.
It is for, to enjoy the many that have become
a part in my life.
How can I miss one and perhaps leave out another
that has a part to play?
I must move on, pay my respects, but in the end,
you know your only a part.
There yet remains a whole to be built from my life,
a whole song, a whole book,
not just a verse, or a chapter.
So then, I will breath this painful breathe that it may give me
a lesson from missing you.
“Missing You” Flickr Creative Commons. Some rights reserved by michael hilton
Guest Author Bio
I think and think and 99 times I’m wrong. But on the 100th time, I’m right. – Einstein
I blog, play music, body surf, hang out with bikers, and occasionally go to church.
Blog / Website: Opinions Of Eye
Recent Guest Author Articles:
- Evolution of Bike Frames Combined in One Impressive GIF
- What Parents Can Do About the Rise of Chronic Health Conditions in Children
- 4 Ways Gambling Can Affect Your Life
- One Race, Many Cultures: Uplifting Humankind By Celebrating Diversity and Different Cultures
- Information To Consider Before Traveling To Russia