Like most all of us, I have experienced a number of challenges and set-backs during this Great Recession period. My income and savings dropped dramatically, my dream of starting a new business was put into mothballs. I needed to do a personal-life make-over in a number of key aspects of my day-to-day activities and perspective.
These are examples of what I’ve learned and shifts I’ve experienced:
- Although I’ve experienced significant loss in income and savings I have never felt richer and more solid in my life
- I feel clearer about my purpose and less anxious about the future
- I am putting more effort into life and enjoying it more
- Creativity is flowing doubts are abating
- More loving/more loved
- Giving more to others/questioning myself less
- More settled AND more creative
- Much clearer what I don’t want/less focused on what could-should be
- Less pushing/more trusting
- Less dramatic more adventuresome
- More commitment/less wasted energy
- More focused/less wasted time
- More discriminating/closer friendships and more meaningful relationship
- More comfortable in my skin/finding life working easier
- Having less needs/receiving more abundance in all forms
- More ease less drama
- What have you learned about yourself during these challenging economic times?
- What are you most proud about?
- What has surprised you about your capabilities and any shifts you’ve made in your thinking and actions?
Steve Goldberg is the co-author of Finding the Upside: Practical Wisdom for Challenging Times. You can read more about and purchase the book at: www.findingtheupside.org
Wikicommons Attribution License photographer Svilen.milev