Ever get a craving for something chocolatey chippy and oatmealy but not too sweet and fairly substantial and actually good for you? Dig these cookies. You can throw them together in ten minutes in the morning before work, then throw them in the oven and hop in the shower. On your way out the door, grab a recycled paper bag and toss in a mittful of warm fresh-baked biscuits. Nibble on the fly en route, and if there are any left when you get to the office, pass them around!
Here’s how for about 3 dozen small choc chip oat cookies:
- 2 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 2 cups organic rolled oats
- 1 package of organic semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips (available at health food stores)
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- half a cup pure maple syrup
- half a cup organic sunflower oil
- 1 cup organic cocoa or vanilla soy (or rice or almond) milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients. In a large glass measuring cup, mix wet ingredients.
Add wet to dry and stir until flour is absorbed.
Drop with a spoon onto lightly oiled cookie sheets and bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. Take out of the oven and cool on a rack.
Photo By Moira Nordholt – All Rights Reserved
Did you enjoy this article?
Please let the author know by leaving them a comment below!
And, subscribe to our free weekly digest!
Simply add your email below. A confirmation email will be sent to you.