General Submission Guidelines
- Life As A Human invites submissions that illuminate the human experience. Submissions may take the form of writing, multimedia, works of art, photography or podcasts.
- Contributors can be from anywhere in the world, but all submissions must be in English for the time being.
- Submissions do not have to cover just one subject; however, there should be an umbrella theme that provides unity to the posts. Posts where users detail their day-to-day lives should be written to have broad appeal.
- Titles should be short and speak directly to the content of your piece. Lead paragraphs should be strong and to the point — do not bury your leads.
- Posts in excess of 800 words must be strong enough to retain readers’ interest or will be subject to editing or rejected outright.
- Life As A Human retains the right at its sole discretion to reject submissions.
- We encourage you to submit photos or illustrations with your submissions. Please be sure they are original works, Creative Commons, or that you have written permission from the artist to use the works. Please provide the copyright details to us, including a link to the source, as we will be providing credits for everything we publish. We reserve the right to use different images.
- Please Note: Submissions send in without images will take longer to publish.
Respect for Human Rights
- We do not accept submissions that contain adult content, and/or content that is overtly commercial, racist, sexist or slanderous. We retain the right to reject content that contains language we consider abusive.
- Plagiarism is never o.k. Except for properly referenced quotations, all writing must be in your own words.
Editing, Spelling & Grammar
- While we do provide ‘copy editing’, we do not provide ‘content editing’. Please edit your work and proofread it carefully before submitting. Submissions which do not read well or are full of errors will not be accepted.
Please contact us if you have any questions at all.
Your Life As A Human Team